NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
15 July 2012
The Network Security Engineer is responsible to undertake the implementation, deployment and maintenance of network security systems such as firewalls, security patch management system, url content filtering system, anti-spam/anti-virus system and other enterprise network security products. This post offers invaluable exposure to the latest technology in enterprise network security as the engineer will be working with some of the leading products in the market.
The engineer will be given appropriate training and will be required to undergo certification examinations to become a certified professional in network security.
- Experience is not mandatory as training will be provided but candidates should be familiar with computer hardware, operating system software (e.g. Windows, Linux), network concepts and architecture and common softwares. Those with 1 to 2 years of technical experience in firewalls, security appliances, anti-virus and URL content filtering software or any security products will have an added advantage.
- Academic qualifications - Degree or Diploma in Computer Studies or any Information Technology fields.
- Graduates with professional certification in any security technology will be an asset.
- Candidates with experience in network equipment and architecture will have a good advantage.
- To provide installation, commissioning, maintenance and professional services for network security products.
- Perform User Acceptance Test and commissioning of network security systems.
- Perform technical tasks such as on-site troubleshooting of system problems, replacing hardware parts, standby, executing escalation action plan, installation of patches, version upgrade, migration, system requirements study, documentation.
- Carry out system audit, system health check and preventive maintenance.
- Provide re-location services, decommissiong and recommissiong, firmware upgrade, system inspection, site inspection.
- To lead project implementation.
- To manage issue escalation with principals.
- To conduct training classes for customers.